Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Insane in the Membrane



Holy!!!! Capital INSANE IN THE MEMBRANE. I think I've gone crazy. If you know me you know that I am not such a patient person. For instance, I really want to do a "seizure wall" like on Vintage Revivals blog but because I am so impatient and cheap I made my own stencil (shipping would take too long and it's $40) so this is my stencil that pritty much does one decal at a time. Did I mention that it has to somewhat dry before doing the next one. Ya, which again because I am so impatient I just did three, one right after the other. Scary but because I am also OCD I was very careful and it turned out fine. Just a word to the wise though, stencils are not perfect (especially homemade ones, hehe). They look good from far but far from good. I think I am going to like it alot though. The more I look at it the more me likey which I've been looking at it alot since I am waiting for it to dry. Pray I stay somewhat patient and finish it. Considering it's 9 p.m. and I'm only this far.

P.S. I almost forgot, instead of $40 plus shipping it cost me $1.25 exactly. I got a plastic folder (.97+ tax), printed the stencil off of cutting edge stencils website and then took that copy to the copy shop and they blew it up for me (.25). I then cut it out and made it into a stencil and voala. I know, your jealous right? Well don't be, it's a giant headache and taking way, way, way, way, way too long.

3 comments:

  1. well why don't ya make 3 or 4 stencils and you can do it twice as fast? I'm sure you thought of this before and you are WAY more patient than me....wouldn't happen. Good luck girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I am going to. I am just worried that it will have issues.

    ReplyDelete