Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The wall......
















IT'S FINALLY DONE. This dang wall has taken awhile to get all the way done. It's been painted and all done except the molding. Of course that part I needed a little help with, hence why it took so long.

So, this wall has looked many different ways so far. From tan with a big shelf to blue with a piece of natural plywood to blue wall with white wood (my brother in law couldn't stand it natural so when we went out of town for a few days he painted it white, thinking it would inspire us to paint something on it). Then to the whole wall being white and then THE STENCIL, dum, dum, dum. I made this stencil (let's just face it, because I'm cheap or poor from buying crap at the D.I., either one) it took a long time but was well worth it. I made an executive decision however to just do half the wall so then it needed molding.

I know that is a big piece of wood, but here's why. When we moved in there was a big set of shelves that were covering that wall to hide a window that looks into the garage. When we took it down we figured that out so we decided it would be cheaper and funner to have a big mural on the wall to hide the window. I got a big sheet of plywood, screwed it on the wall, painted it the same tan that is on the other walls to tie it all in and it kinda gave it some warmth. Then faux glazed it by putting glaze on and rubbing it in with a rag. I got some branches that are kind of a mustard yellow color from my favorite wreath place (Lyle Dabbs)and just nailed and stapled them on to the wall.

The molding is what I've been waiting for before I could post the finished product. Greatly to my surprise (and a hint to the brother in law, if he needed something to do. Wink, wink) This is what I came home from St. George to. The girls and I were so excited. My Ava was jumping up and down and said she wanted to give Dave a big hug and kiss because it was so beautiful. You can't really tell from the picture but he planted flowers and ground cover all in the two front mounds and infront of the porch and even bought hanging baskets with very cute flowers in them. He is quite the handing man. Speaking of.......... here's a picture of our garden as well. I can't wait until everything starts growing. Dave also planted this for us.

For those of you that read this and don't already know, Dave (my brother in law) is renting the upstairs of this house to us and he lives in the downstairs. It's really kind of nice that he's here with Jared being out of town and all. Although I do get a lot of flack from my family saying that it's like we are reverse polygamists. Very funny, not. It's okay though, Dave likes yard work and Jared not so much. So, it all works itself out, right?

2 comments:

  1. Super cool! I love it :)

    Your yard looks fab as well ;)

    ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your wall and your house and your garden!!

    ReplyDelete