Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Just another window



I know, I know. ANOTHER window. Well, get over it. I now have 5 up in my house (besides all the old ones that are actual real windows on this little house). This is my newest. This baby only had one window pane in it on the bottom so I painted it with chalkboard paint that I already had. The middle has sheet metal in it which I got from Home Depot for $5 and the top I went to Staples and special ordered my logo which they put on foam board for $4, window frame was a dollar from a yard sale. Total:$10, I love it, don't you?

If you can notice all I did to the window was clean it. I know alot of people repaint and then antique them but I love when you can see all the wear and tear and where hinges were. I made that mistake with my first one which is hanging in my girls room, one day it will be replaced and one day I will post all my windows.

P.S. I have 3 more. what to do, what to do? Any cute, creative ideas?

P.S.S. I know my shelves look dark, they are much better in person and if it weren't dark outside I would open my blinds to brighten it up, but I'm impatient and want to post this tonight. Don't judge me for my impatience.

No comments:

Post a Comment